Board logo

標題: Wenger - There’s no rift with Gilberto, he’ll play at Sheff Utd [打印本頁]

作者: DouJ85    時間: 2007-10-31 01:41 PM     標題: Wenger - There’s no rift with Gilberto, he’ll play at Sheff Utd

Gilberto will play for Arsenal at Sheffield United on Wednesday.

Media reports had suggested the Brazilian midfielder would not feature in the Carling Cup tie after refusing to play at centre half at Bramall Lane.

Speaking to Arsenal TV Online on Tuesday afternoon, Wenger vehemently refuted such a suggestion.

“I deny that categorically, and I find this assessment disrespectful to a great professional like Gilberto,” said the manager. “He is 100 per cent professional and is in the squad for tomorrow. He will play.

“I believe that as a manager and as a player you always have one thing in your mind and that is what is good for the club and the team. I cannot fault Gilberto on that since he arrived here.

“Recently he has played less, but his mentality has been superb. It is important to win every single competition and in this one I use younger players because traditionally it has always been like that. It has helped us a lot to develop the players.”

The only injuries in the Arsenal squad are Philippe Senderos (back) and Robin van Persie (knee) but there is every possibility neither would have played. Wenger has always put out a squad side in this competition and it seems he will continue in the same vein on Wednesday.

“You could see Justin Hoyte and Song,” he said. “Walcott maybe and Eduardo will play. We will need a strong squad up there.”
作者: jacksonkua    時間: 2007-10-31 03:38 PM

After being Keep-out-of-sideline by Arsene Wenger after the returning of the South American Cup Competition, now the Brazilian Captain eventually earned his starting dupute but in Carling Cup.

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0