Board logo

標題: Gallas - The important thing was to qualify [打印本頁]

作者: DouJ85    時間: 2007-11-9 01:32 AM     標題: Gallas - The important thing was to qualify

As far as William Gallas is concerned, Wednesday night's dour draw in Prague was a case of 'mission accomplished'.

Slavia were thrashed 7-0 at Emirates Stadium a fortnight ago but a much-changed Arsenal side couldn't find a way past their hosts in the Czech capital. Nonetheless, a point was enough to secure the 2006 finalists a place in the last 16 of the Champions League with two group games to spare. Arsenal's captain was perfectly satisfied with that.

"The most important thing was to qualify," said Gallas. "It was not easy, we played against a strong team and it was very difficult for us to play how we play normally but the more important thing was to qualify.

"I told them [the young players] before the game to be careful, because it would be a difficult match. We won 7-0 at home, so we knew they were going to defend and have a big match in front of their own fans. I told them to be ready for the fight and they did the job very well.

"The young guys are ready, and have shown their character. It was not easy to play in this stadium, it was cold, but I feel they are ready.

"We are very happy [to qualify], but it is not finished yet as we have two more games to play in the Champions League. We have to be ready for the big fight again when we play Sevilla because they lost to us and will now want to beat us in their stadium.

"But for now we can rest a little bit and think about the Premier League."

The Premier League campaign continues with a trip to Reading on Monday night and Arsenal will probably need a positive result to go into the international break at the top of the table. Gallas believes the confidence of Arsenal's unbeaten start to the season will carry them through.

"It is important when you play at the top of the league that you gain confidence," he said. "That is good for the next game, because if you are not confident sometimes a young team can go down a little bit.

"Before the season started I knew the players would be ready for the big fight and try to be at the top. What is good is that everybody can play and can show how strong they are. We just want to win, win, win and be ready to fight. That is good for the team."
作者: jacksonkua    時間: 2007-11-9 01:34 AM

What William said is true, but don't forget Fans always looking for the team to win instead of qualify.

That's why i brought "Arsenal Win" last night..but now

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0