Board logo

標題: RUSH: LET TORRES AND CROUCH GEL [打印本頁]

作者: puma8811    時間: 2008-2-6 07:32 PM     標題: RUSH: LET TORRES AND CROUCH GEL

Ian Rush is confident the burgeoning strike partnership between Fernando Torres and Peter Crouch could provide Liverpool with a consistent goalscoring formula.

The club's all-time leading goal-getter believes they are the in-form forwards in the Reds' squad at present and thinks the duo should now be given a run of games to show what they can do after they linked up well in the 3-0 win over Sunderland at the weekend.

"There's no doubt that they're the most in-form pairing at present, so I think now is the time to see if they can develop into a decent strike force," said Rush.

"Saturday's match against Sunderland was only the third time they've started a match together in the Premier League, and there were one or two signs that they could flourish.

"But the fact is we will never know unless we give them a chance to gel."

Rush is convinced Crouch would provide the perfect foil for Torres and has highlighted the towering forward's ability in the air as something that could lead to more joy in front of goal for the man nicknamed 'El Nino.'

"I've said before that Peter Crouch has done nothing wrong this season, and with three goals in his last three appearances he's flying," said Rush.

"But his presence can also help Fernando Torres.

"By virtue of his height alone, he occupies one or two defenders, giving Torres more room to operate in, and he showed with the flick-on that created Torres' goal that he can be very much a traditional target man.

"In situations like that it's important that one player is able to anticipate the flick-ons of the other, but Torres is a very intelligent striker and that will never be a problem to a player of his class."

Rush 出到聲,唔知對車仔會唔會見到呢個前線配搭呢
support 高治
作者: garyson    時間: 2008-2-7 08:32 PM

I think it is worth to try, give them a chance

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0