Board logo

標題: [新聞] Villa Boss's comment after the Match [打印本頁]

作者: scslam14    時間: 2008-3-30 11:59 AM     標題: Villa Boss's comment after the Match

Aston Villa boss Martin O’Neill was left awestruck by United’s “terrific” performance in the 4-0 win over his side on Saturday.

O’Neill, unlike some managers that bring their teams to Old Trafford, refused to shut up shop and try to frustrate the Reds. You may ask why if it means losing so comprehensively. But the Villa boss says United’s performance is something every team should aspire to.

“That is why Manchester United are a class act,” he said. “We lost at home to Sunderland last week and I was very down. We’ve lost 4-0 at Old Trafford, but I’m actually OK.

“We went at it with everything we had. I think that’s why Manchester United enjoy playing against us. We try to play and we don’t try to close the game up.

“You have to go and play. Isn’t that the enthralling part of football? What’s the point in coming to Old Trafford and putting ten players behind the ball and have them break you down eventually? Having witnessed Manchester United’s performance, that’s what you have to aspire to. It really was terrific stuff.

“I thought we had quite a bit of possession of the ball. The difference was that we didn’t close them down enough and prevent them having time and space on the ball, because that is when they will cut you open. They are a very fine side, there is no question about that.”

This is why I always like Martin O'Neill, this is what football is all about, and that's why Man Utd is such a good team, it is always about attacking.

Have to say this for me is far the best performance this season.

United United United ...

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0