Board logo

標題: [新聞] O'Shea: I'm staying at United [打印本頁]

作者: nikotina    時間: 2008-5-27 07:20 PM     標題: O'Shea: I'm staying at United

John O’Shea has dismissed speculation linking him with a move away from Manchester United, insisting his future lies at Old Trafford.
The Republic of Ireland international, currently preparing for his country’s clash against Colombia in Craven Cottage on Thursday, was on the bench for United in the Champions League final with Chelsea last week, failing to get on over the 120 minutes.
However, the 27-year-old has rubbished talk of a transfer, simply begging the question, why leave a club at the height of its success?
“It has crossed my mind a lot of the time but then I think, ‘Where do I go?’ when you leave a team like United,” O’Shea told reporters in Dublin.
“That’s an even bigger question. For the time being I will stay where I am.
“You just have to get on with it. The club has so many big players and in the build-up to the final the manager had every player fit.
“He said it was funny how this happens and said he wished we could play European Cup finals every week! But it’s a hell of a squad when everyone is fit.
“That’s what he wants and that’s what he has felt has let us down in year’s gone by when we had to keep picking the same players towards the latter stages.”
He added: “I want to make the best of my abilities and I think I can continue to play at the best club. Every player is at Manchester United because they believe they can play there – and the manager thinks they can play there
“That’s where the label of ‘utility man’ goes against me because I end up playing in different positions.
"But the team has got so much energy and passion and improvement to do in the future. It would be silly not to be involved.”

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0