Board logo

標題: [新聞] Solskjaer to use money from testimonial game to build schools in Africa [打印本頁]

作者: nikotina    時間: 2008-6-18 07:25 PM     標題: Solskjaer to use money from testimonial game to build schools in Africa

HE terrorised Premier League defenders for over a decade, now he has a different challenge to face – but none of it is as important to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as building schools in Africa.
After officially retiring from a knee injury 10 months ago, Solskjaer has now been given the job of reserve-team manager by Sir Alex Ferguson.
Before those duties begin in earnest, Solskjaer will turn out at Old Trafford for one last time as United play host to Espanyol in his testimonial game.
And it is the money the 35-year-old hopes to raise on August 2 which, as a father of three young children himself, Solskjaer will use to greater benefit than anything his career in football could achieve.
“I went to Angola a few months ago and you could see clearly how much things were needed down there,” he said.
“The aim through my testimonial is to try and build 10 schools. If I can generate more money through a scheme we have set up in Norway, maybe we can generate enough to build five more.
“As a father, I recognise how helpless these kids are. If it was my children, I would do absolutely anything for them, so it is more important for me to be remembered for helping these people than anything I have done with football.
“It is about building something concrete. It is about changing lives, helping kids get out of the poverty they are in and helping them to become doctors or teachers and able to improve their own communities.”
Meanwhile, the former Red Devils striker also has ambitions of one day taking over from Ferguson.
He said: “I do have ambitions to go into management. I want to stay in the game and I want to stay at this club. But it is just about taking one step at a time.”

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0