Board logo

標題: FINNAN: I WILL FIGHT FOR MY PLACE [打印本頁]

作者: puma8811    時間: 2008-6-26 07:41 PM     標題: FINNAN: I WILL FIGHT FOR MY PLACE

Steve Finnan is relishing the prospect of new competition for his right-back slot following the arrival of Philipp Degen.  
Swiss international Degen became Rafa Benitez's first signing of the summer when he arrived on a free from Borussia Dortmund.

The Benitez era has already seen Finnan see off challenges from Josemi and Jan Kromkamp for the right-back slot, though Alvaro Arbeloa gave him a run for his money last term.

The task of earning a first-team place has now become even tougher, but the one-time Ireland international is ready for the competition.

Finnan, who made 29 appearances in all competitions during 2007-08, told LFC Magazine: "Even if you've won the league, you still have to add new faces to improve your squad.

"I'm sure United will do exactly that this summer and we have to do the same. At a club like this there will always be competition for places. Nobody can afford to take anything for granted.

"You look at our squad now and you can see we've got two top players in nearly every position.

"If the manager wants to add more, I've got no problem with that. I think every player welcomes competition; I'm no different."

With Andrea Dossena set to follow Degen in signing for Liverpool next week, Finnan is confident the Reds are now just one or two players short of being a title-winning outfit.

"Fernando Torres is a prime example," he said. "He's come in and made a difference in big games by scoring and making crucial goals.

"If we can get one or two more players with that ability then we'll certainly be a lot closer to the teams who finished above us."

只係未正式公佈
原來真係等7月1日
作者: adtz    時間: 2008-6-26 07:44 PM

不愧是FINNAN完全不怕有競爭~
他是我們前幾個賽季表現最穩的球員希望他能保留他的右位了~~

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0