Board logo

標題: Rooting for Ron [打印本頁]

作者: cchl8    時間: 2008-7-25 02:09 PM     標題: Rooting for Ron

MADRID: Two of Real Madrid’s most experienced players joined their president on Wednesday in reaching out to Cristiano Ronaldo to help sway the Portugal winger away from Manchester United.
Jose Maria “Guti” Gutierrez called Ronaldo one of “the greats” who would fit in perfectly with the two-time defending Spanish champion.
“I think Cristiano is the best player that could be incorporated into any team, and I suppose we would be delighted to have him here,” the Madrid midfielder told the club’s website.
Support: Real Madrid captain Raul and Guti (below) have join calls for Manchester United’s star striker Cristiano Ronaldo to sign up with their Spanish club.
“These types of signings are complicated, whether they succeed or not. It’s normal that the press talks a lot about great players, he is one.”
Guti agreed with captain Raul Gonzalez that such a signing and its hefty price tag – reported to be hovering around euro 85mil – would not upset the balance at the La Liga club.
“From the people that know him that I have been able to speak with, they all say he is a good person and a team player, so from that, I think everybody will work to achieve the maximum,” said Guti, who is going into his 13th season at Madrid.

The 23-year-old Ronaldo would add an extra offensive element to Madrid, which could be on the verge of losing forward Robinho to Chelsea. Madrid’s aging attack is centred on 32-year-old striker Ruud van Nistelrooy and Raul.
“This club is the best thing that can happen to any football player, to live in a city where Madrid transcends all else and you can be a part of it,” the 31-year-old Raul said.
“I don’t see why he would cause problems. We already have a great squad, with a lot of big players and it is obvious that if a player of a very high level joined he would be welcome and helped to adapt.”
Midfielder Wesley Sneijder had warned that Ronaldo’s high salary could cause divisions that could carry over to the field.
“Our good form will continue whether Cristiano comes or not and at whatever price. Nothing can break the unity in this squad,” said Raul, who has been a first-team player at the Santiago Bernabeu since 1994.
President Ramon Calderon has been attempting to lure the Portugal winger away from Old Trafford since May with a number of public comments that have drawn the ire of Ronaldo’s coach at United, Alex Ferguson.

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0