Board logo

標題: Transfers - Transfer Talk: Booze Britain [打印本頁]

作者: cchl8    時間: 2008-8-29 02:38 AM     標題: Transfers - Transfer Talk: Booze Britain

Spurs-bound striker Roman Pavlyuchenko has endeared himself to English football fans before he even arrives on these shores by revealing he is a raging booze-hound.

The Spartak Moscow hitman is set to join Tottenham as replacement for Dimitar Berbatov before the transfer window closes. However, Bulgarian forward Berbatov has now been told that his move to Manchester United will not happen until Spurs can secure yet another striker.
While the usual names such as Diego Milito, Andrei Arshavin and Klass-Jan Huntelaar have been touted in the press as the Russian's next bar buddy, Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta has also apparently entered the frame.
Whichever player Spurs try to bring in, their medical should include an all-dayer on the loopy juice just to see if he can keep up with party boy Pav, who told The Sun: "After a game against Slovan I had so much to drink I got lost. The other players had to come looking for me.
"The worst case was on the eve of my marriage. I drank so much I almost fell off my hotel balcony. It was the same after my daughter was born."
Hopefully he means that he wet the baby's head with an all-night session, and not that he staged a reconstruction of one of Michael Jackson's many low points.
From pint-sinker to pint-sized now, and Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips has completed his glorious return to Manchester City.
City have handed over around £9 million of their in-no-way-ill-gotten gains, meaning they are the second club to take the west Londoners to the cleaners in a week, following Milan's recapture of Andrei Shevchenko for a figure so low that they are too embarrassed and Chelsea too ashamed to reveal.
City boss Mark Hughes isn't getting carried away with that little boon, though, and won't let any rose-tinted memories cloud his judgement over signing fallen Brazil legend Ronaldo.
Hughes said: "It won't help the team if you just buy players at the back end of their career looking for a final payday."
Another player who has transferred their once formidable goal-scoring prowess into the pie-eating arena, Robbie Fowler , has refused Blackburn Rovers' offer of a week-to-week pay deal, according to The Times.
Having spent plenty of time as a temp itself, TT thinks Fowler should take the deal, meaning he can pick and choose which weeks to sit on the Blackburn bench and which ones to attend to his property empire. Just don't forget to fax that timesheet by 5pm on Friday, Robbie.
Still at Rovers, they fancy the look of Czech full-back Michal Kadlec, and have also had £1 million bid for Bolton Wanderers goalie Ali Al-Habsi rejected.
The Daily Express reckon there are rumblings among the Newcastle United hierarchy, and for once they're not emanating from owner Mike Ashley's tummy.
The rag reports that manager Kevin Keegan is unhappy with Dennis Wise - who fills the role of executive man-on-cushy-number at St James' Park - after the latter's continued refusal to open new contract talks with James Milner led to the midfielder handing in a transfer request.
"I don't even want to talk about losing him," said Keegan, rather forlornly.
The Toon boss then gave an overenthusiastic appraisal of the player, reminiscent of the one he once made of Robert Lee, by saying: "He's a very important player for us and one who is worthy of a call-up to the senior England side."
Elsewhere, Arsenal hope to make £12 million-rated Feyenoord midfielder Jonathan Guzman the new Mathieu Flamini (minus the departure as soon as he becomes good), Middlesbrough have turned their attentions to USA midfielder Michael Bradley of Heerenveen as Reading's James Harper is too expensive, and expect branches of JJB Sports to be popping up in Seoul suburbs soon as Wigan Athletic are looking to sign Korean duo Park Chu-young and Lee Chun-soo.

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0