Board logo

標題: Wenger welcomes UEFA finance probe [打印本頁]

作者: chuu    時間: 2008-8-30 08:47 AM     標題: Wenger welcomes UEFA finance probe

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has welcomed UEFA's investigation into thefinances of European football - and called for those clubs who run at a deficitto be 'kicked out of Europe'.

New president Michel Platini, the former France playmaker, is concerned at thehigh level of debt carried by some clubs - maintaining they are 'cheating' bypurchasing players they simply cannot afford.
Many of the leading English teams operate with a significant amount of debt -including Premier League champions Manchester United and also Chelsea,although the Blues are in a unique position of being bankrolled by Russianbillionaire owner Roman Abramovich and do not carry any external debt.
However, there is a growing feeling of a need to guard against clubs headingtowards financial meltdown, such as the path taken by former Champions Leaguechallengers Leeds, who are now in League One, and some Spanish sidessuch as financialy-stricken Celta Vigo, who could go into liquidation, whileValencia are also reported to have debts of more than £500m.
'It is very welcome,' said Wenger. 'I think teams who have deficit should bekicked out of Europe.
'The only way to go is that there is a control over all of Europe, and I thinkit will go that way whether you like it or not.
'UEFA will bring in a control of the management of every individual club andevery individual club will be controlled.
'It is very important for the fans of the competition first, and it is veryimportant that every club lives with the resources they have available - clubsshould not speculate and then after one year they cannot pay the salaries forthe next seasons.
'Every transfer nowadays in Europe is paid over two or three years, and it iscompulsory that UEFA controls that the commitment of the club is right, becauseif that does not happen, it can all collapse very quickly.'
Gunners boss Wenger, though, accepts certain clubs - namely Chelsea, who arebankrolled by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich - are currently in a leagueof their own when it comes to spending power.
'I would prefer transfer fees paid straight away,' he said, 'but when youlook at the numbers involved right now, nobody can do that any more.
'Who is a club in Europe who can pay £30million cash? I know one, but onlyone.'

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0