Board logo

標題: City suitor Al-Fahim: I'm the new Abramovich [打印本頁]

作者: chuu    時間: 2008-9-2 11:13 PM     標題: City suitor Al-Fahim: I'm the new Abramovich

Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim, the owner-elect of Manchester City, expects his group'stakeover of the club to have the same impact as Roman Abramovich's buy-out ofChelsea five years ago.
Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim: Led negotiations.

Subject to due diligence, Al-Fahim's Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG) will be thenew majority shareholders in the Premier League club after the twoparties signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the change of ownership.
Asked how ADUG's takeover of City would compare with Abramovich's Chelseabuy-out, Al-Fahim said: 'I think it will be the same. We would like tosee Manchester City fighting for trophies in every tournament.
'We don't just want Manchester City to be challenging for trophies in England,but also in the Champions League. We want them to be in for every trophyavailable.'
In a statement released yesterday, ADUG said the aim would be for City tocompete in the Champions League in the 2009-10 campaign - a feat that wouldrequire a top-four finish this season.
However, although the club have started the season in promising form andcurrently sit third in the table after three games, Al-Fahim appeared toacknowledge the real hunt for trophies would begin next season.
'A place in the Champions League is quite a jump from last season, but we areready to sit down with the manager, find out the players he would like, andbring the right players into the club,' Al-Fahim added.
'This season we would like to be a lot better than last season, and we areeager for trophies next season.'
Al-Fahim is also keen to explore possible new revenue streams for the club,ensuring City will not have to solely rely on the funds made available by ADUG.
'Our message to the fans would be we promise we are here to sustain the cluband make Manchester City competitive for trophies at the highest level,' saidAl-Fahim.
'We would also like to bring in extra revenues by introducing new marketingideas.
'Looking at the club, they have a lot of fans, they are loyal fans, and thereis the opportunity to grow there. They also have a lot of history. It was allvery attractive to us.
'I think the one thing that has been missing was the right person to providethe right investment.'
Al-Fahim told Sky Sports News that he plans to meet Hughes and talk over futuretransfer targets.
'I will come to the UK in a few days to meet the manager Mark (Hughes),' hesaid. We will sit down with him and see what it is he needs now.'

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0