Board logo

標題: Walcott refusing to be bullied [打印本頁]

作者: chuu    時間: 2008-9-10 12:44 AM     標題: Walcott refusing to be bullied

England winger Theo Walcott insists he can cope if Croatia defenders attempt to ''batter'' him off the ball in Zagreb on Wednesday night.
The Arsenal winger had a great first half against Andorra.

Walcott was given his first England start at the weekend and Andorra playerstried to bring him down whenever he built momentum down the right flank.
''I always get battered. I'm used to it now and it doesn't bother me at all,'' he said.
The 19-year-old feels his pace can help England if they play on thecounter attack against Croatia and expects tough treatment from Slaven's Bilic's men.
''Themain thing is to ignore them and get up,'' he said. ''If you don't,they know they have got you in their pocket. You just have toget up give them a little smile and they know you will be at them again.
''That's what you have to do - remind them that you won't go away. I will keepdoing the right things and maybe the referees will recognise it.''
Walcott, after famously being taken to the 2006 World Cup by Sven-GoranEriksson but never used, has an England career that spans three managers and hesenses a different atmosphere under Fabio Capello.
''It is more intense and I am enjoying it a bit more,'' he said. ''I am notsaying I didn't enjoy it before but there is a buzz around the whole team thisyear.
''We want to do well for everyone involved with England. It is more enjoyablebecause everyone is just playing their football. It is when you enjoy it thatyou play your best.''
Walcott now wants to add a final ball to his other attributes.
''Some people are negative about my final ball,'' he said. ''Sometimes it's nottoo bad but I am learning and I do practice in training every day.
''I have had quite a few assists as well. The boss knows I'll do it.
''It is like Cristiano Ronaldo, he came to Manchester United in his first year,showed some brilliant tricks and he is 23 and the best player in the world. I amnot saying I will be like Ronaldo, I will be myself.''

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0