Board logo

標題: Premier League - City deny Ronaldo claims [打印本頁]

作者: cchl8    時間: 2008-9-17 01:18 AM     標題: Premier League - City deny Ronaldo claims

Manchester City have denied claims from Ronaldo at they are to sign the Brazil legend.

The 31-year-old three-time World Footballer of the Year was quoted as saying he had accepted an offer from City to join countrymen Elano, Robinho and Jo at Eastlands.
However, while executive chairman Garry Cook did meet the player and club officials carried out medical checks on a knee ligament injury Ronaldo sustained in February, the club will not complete a deal.
"We had shown a past interest in bringing the player to the football club in the right circumstances and spoke to him and his representatives," said a club spokesperson.
"However, we have chosen not to pursue the matter."
Ronaldo had said: "I like the project that Manchester City have presented me. They want to make the club one of the best in the world and I feel that I can help.
"It is the best offer I've received and it will be very interesting to play with Robinho. Me and him, together, we can score more than 50 goals."
The former Barcelona, Internazionale and Real Madrid man had seemed like an unlikely target in light of his weight and injury problems.
City's takeover by the Abu Dhabi-based United Group for Development and Investment is due to be completed this week but it will be January before they can make any further meaningful additions to Hughes' squad.
In the meantime, the Blues will head to Cyprus for Thursday's UEFA Cup clash against Omonia Nicosia, with Robinho looking to build on his memorable debut day strike against Chelsea on Saturday.

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0