Board logo

標題: Redknapp has a selection dilemma [打印本頁]

作者: cchl8    時間: 2008-9-18 01:06 AM     標題: Redknapp has a selection dilemma

Harry Redknapp has admitted that Portsmouth's weekend comeback against Middlesbrough has left him with much to ponder selection-wise.Redknapp has preferred a 3-5-2 formation so far this season but he switched to a 4-4-2 at half-time on Saturday after falling behind to Mido's goal. Nadir Belhadj and John Utaka came on for Younes Kaboul and Papa Bouba Diop and Pompey bounced back to win 2-1. Redknapp was delighted with the injection of pace but is not sure which system to go with in the UEFA Cup clash against Vitoria Guimares on Thursday. He told The News: "After the Middlesbrough game there are a lot of things to think about. "I like the 3-5-2 and I won't scrap it. It's there for us to use. This is a system we will use this year. "But obviously things went well when I changed it. "It was not the system that was the problem in the first half and the lads who I brought off had done nothing wrong. It's just hard when you go behind and I wanted to change it to give Middlesbrough different problems. "That second half we had so much pace - and the lack of pace in our squad had started to concern me. "I will have a look at it and make my mind up but it's not going to be an easy one." Redknapp is wary of the threat presented by Vitoria, who almost qualified for the group stages of the UEFA Champions League. "They were really unlucky not to get into the Champions League after having a perfectly good goal ruled out against Basel," said Redknapp. "They have had only one game since the draw but Joe Jordan with Stuart Morgan have been out to watch them. "They are a good side with a lot of Brazilians and French players who play a 4-3-3 with two wingers alongside the central striker. It will be tough."

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0