Board logo

標題: Premier League - What the managers said [打印本頁]

作者: cchl8    時間: 2008-9-23 12:44 AM     標題: Premier League - What the managers said

A brief look at how the managers reacted to their sides' performances after Sunday's Premier League action.

Chelsea 1-1 Manchester United
Luiz Felipe Scolari: "The game is one of the best games we've played (this season), because we have many problems. After we lost Deco, Manchester controlled the game for 15 minutes and they played better than us. They made a goal - and after this, we improved. We had more chances than them but we missed some chances in front of goal."
Alex Ferguson: "We started very well and dominated it. I think we started to drop off the pace a bit and allowed them to regroup after halftime. If we had just had a bit more energy we would have been OK. What I do know is that by October we will be OK. Players will have games behind them and you'll see us at our best."
Manchester City 6-0 Portsmouth
Mark Hughes: "It was the best performance by one of my teams by a country mile. If you had to pick any day to impress people today was the day to do it. From start to finish our drive and determination and our ability to pick the right pass and create chances was evident for all to see. It was a fantastic day for us. Portsmouth are a good side but today they were not allowed to play their game."
Harry Redknapp: "I'm bitterly disappointed - I didn't see that coming as we were a team on form on the back of three fantastic wins. We gave away two terrible goals in the first half, but towards the end of the first half we had some chances and thought we could get back into this game. Our defensive play today was abysmal."
West Brom 1-2 Aston Villa
Tony Mowbray: "I can't fault the effort and the desire and, at times the quality, but some very poor defending really and the bottom line is, if you are going to defend like that, you are going to lose games. That is what this league is all about and we have got to eradicate those mistakes."
Martin O'Neill: "John [Carew] and Gabby [Agbonlahor] are forging a terrific partnership. I thought Agbonlahor was terrific today but John is essential for us in many aspects. He gives us a little bit of presence up there and can play a bit himself. We sat in towards the end, inviting Albion on to us because our energy was down a bit, but we've done brilliantly to win the game."
Hull 2-2 Everton
Phil Brown: "In the first half we played some of our best football of the season but to be fair without Lescott and Saha, Everton weren't as potent a threat as they were in the second half when they looked a totally different team. We now have eight points from five games and if we continue in that mode we will be all right."
David Moyes: "I thought that even in the first half we had more of the ball but didn't do anything with it but the introduction of Louis Saha made the difference. Saha is a very talented player and if we can keep him fit and out on the pitch he will be a big player for us."
Tottenham 0-0 Wigan
Juande Ramos: "We need time. Some players came in only just before the close of the transfer window and there have been big changes. The crowd made their reaction to the performance at the end and maybe it was just but I don't think it is anything personal. We must still all work together and change the situation but it is a big pressure on the players at the moment."
Steve Bruce: "We've come here and got a draw and apart from a 20-minute period in the second half when the crowd got behind Spurs unbelievably I always thought we could win it. It's disappointing really but we are just little Wigan - coming to Tottenham and getting a point."

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0