Board logo

標題: Young stars will repay faith, insists Fabregas [打印本頁]

作者: chuu    時間: 2008-9-27 01:36 PM     標題: Young stars will repay faith, insists Fabregas

Cesc Fabregas feels the trust shown in Arsenal's youngsters will ultimately pay big dividends.

Arsene Wenger's young Gunners romped to a 6-0 victory over Sheffield United onTuesday night, with the average age of the side just 19.
The Arsenal manager maintains having such quality coming through is one of thereasons why he has often shied away from bringing in big-name signings just toappease the critics.
With the likes of Manchester City, now backed by a mega-rich Middle Eastinvestment group, able to throw endless amounts of cash at team building in anattempt to break into the Premier League top four, there have beensuggestions Arsenal will be left behind.
But Fabregas insists Wenger's methods of developing talent from within aresound.
"We are lucky to be at a club like Arsenal," said the 21-year-old. "Theyprefer to trust in young players and not spend big money.
"Others can pay whatever they want, but the reality is the truth, we are happywith what we have got.
"At the moment, we don't look for what other clubs do. We are just happy theway we are."
With Mathieu Flamini joining AC Milan in the summer, it has been suggested thecombative Fabregas needs a defensive partner to get the best out of his game.
However, Fabregas insists he can fit right in with whoever Wenger puts inmidfield.
"I will adapt to whatever I have got," said Fabregas, speaking at the launchof Gameloft's 'Real Football 2009'.
"I have been playing with Patrick [Vieira], Edu, Gilberto, Flamini and nowDenilson and they are all so different.
"We adapt well every time. It is not the same as with Flamini because he wasrunning everywhere and you could see he was more defensive and I could goforward.
"Maybe Denilson and I have the same type of game. So maybe we have tocompensate and I have defend more. But I don't mind.
"In this last week I have seen parts and aspects of my game that maybe lastyear or two years ago I could not do and this year I am doing it."
Wenger is set to recall his big guns for on Saturday's game with Hull as Arsenalaim to keep themselves top of the table.
Gael Clichy should be fit after tests revealed he had only suffered bruising tohis shin in a heavy challenge with Kevin Davies at Bolton last weekend, but AlexSong (hip) is a doubt.
Mikael Silvestre will also be available for the first time following his movefrom Manchester United.

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0