Board logo

標題: [新聞] Champions League - United will not risk rotation [打印本頁]

作者: cchl8    時間: 2008-10-1 12:14 AM     標題: Champions League - United will not risk rotation

Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to field his strongest line-up as Manchester United face Champions League newcomers Aalborg in Denmark.

Despite their opponents' status as relative minnows in the competition, United will feature Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov from the outset.
The holders featured a weakened side when they travelled to then-Danish champions FC Copenhagen in 2006 and lost 1-0.
Following their opening 0-0 draw at home to Villarreal - and Aalborg's impressive 0-0 draw away to Celtic - Ferguson said he would not risk rotating his squad.
"I don't have any fears about complacency with this side," said Ferguson.
"But a couple of years ago we made a mistake with the team against Copenhagen because we were in a comfortable position and ended up scrapping to qualify. This time I will play my strongest team.
"The players know how important qualifying is. We need to get to February because that is when the tournament really takes off. If we get to that stage then we have as good a chance as anyone."
United will be without Owen Hargreaves and Gary Neville, neither of whom has travelled to Denmark, but otherwise have a full-strength squad.
Aalborg defender Michael Jakobsen will serve a one-match ban against United, while the Danish side also have doubts over Kasper Risgard and Jeppe Curth, who both sat out training on Monday.
At the end of Monday's press conference, Ferguson said he would no longer co-operate with the British press corps because of their supposed misrepresentation of comments made about Chelsea.
He was reported as claiming the large number of Chelsea players aged 30 and over meant he did not see "outstanding progress" from the Blues.
"You will never get any help out of me again," the Guardian quoted Ferguson as saying on Monday.
"I gave you access in South Africa and I shouldn't have given you access."
"It won't happen again. From now on, no matter how many miles you travel to get an interview, you won't get one."
Ferguson is required to attend Champions League press conferences and would be fined if he did not appear

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0