Board logo

標題: [新聞] Tevez forces Fergie rethink [打印本頁]

作者: hyden    時間: 2008-12-4 05:17 PM     標題: Tevez forces Fergie rethink

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted the brilliant performance from Carlos Tevez in Manchester United's 5-3 Carling Cup win against Blackburn Rovers has provided him with a major selection headache.
Tevez, who has found his Manchester United appearances restricted since the arrival of record signing Dimitar Berbatov at Old Trafford, scored four goals on Wednesday night and will be difficult to drop for Saturday's Premier League match against Sunderland.
United fielded a much changed side against Rovers and the Argentina international took his chance to impress Ferguson as the Red Devils clinched a place in the semi-finals.
And although the match's opening goal looked as though it may have gone in off Rovers defender Aaron Mokoena, both manager and player were claiming it as a Tevez strike.
"Carlos' commitment was absolutely brilliant," said Ferguson. "It was a marvellous effort to get four goals."
"It definitely makes my job more difficult, although it also makes the club stronger."
Tevez was equally delighted with the outcome and hopes it will lead to more regular action.
"I am very proud to score four goals," said Tevez. "It is the first time I have done it in my career and it is better because it came for Manchester United.
"I have not played very often, so I was looking forward to the game and I am happy with my performance."
Debate was still raging over Tevez's opener long after the final whistle but fortunately, the outcome of his far-post duel with Mokoena cannot cost Tevez a hat-trick as he netted from the penalty spot just after the break and thrashed home another at the end.
In between, Tevez finished off the move of the match, started by Ryan Giggs' majestic back-heel and involving a series of passes between Anderson and his fellow South American, who was presented with a tap-in.
Tevez is still on-loan at United and with rumours starting to circulate in the press that United might be reluctant to pay the required £30 million to make the deal permanent for a player to sit on the bench, it is a timely boost for both club and player.

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0