Board logo

標題: What's gerrard impact in the squad?, Huge or more than huge? [打印本頁]

作者: cfloo    時間: 2009-2-5 07:10 PM     標題: What's gerrard impact in the squad?, Huge or more than huge?

I read somewhere yesterday that Bigmick said that without Gerrard, this team wouldn't be in the top four.

I've been searching that quote, but I haven't found it today, if necessary merge this thread with another thread.

The thing is I disagree. And by saying that I'm not trying to say Gerrard isn't crucial, he's the best player of the squad.

In the same post Bigmick said that Chelsea aren't a shadow of what they used to be. However, even without being a shadow, they're still the second most tough team we can face in this league, and they haven't dropped from top four.

The reason of that, IMHO, is that despite they are weaker than Mourinho's Chelsea, there's a big gap between the top four and the rest of the teams.

So, I honestly think, that if we lost Gerrard, we'd lose the best player of the squad, and be a worse team, but we'd still be one of the top four. Saying otherwise IMHO is a lack of football respect to Mascherano, Alonso, Reina, Torres... they have a quality that Aston Villa or West Ham or Tottenham would definitely like to have.

In the long term, we'll have to think about Gerrard's replacement when he retires. And in that moment we'd better have a good team to fill that gap.

So, how crucial is Gerrard in your opinion? would we be sixth or fifth if he wasn't here?

IMHO no, we'd still be top four, but we wouldn't be challenging for the title this year for instance.

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0