Board logo

標題: Fantastic win at madrid., Could it kickstart our league challenge? [打印本頁]

作者: cfloo    時間: 2009-2-26 11:48 AM     標題: Fantastic win at madrid., Could it kickstart our league challenge?

Brilliant performance fromthe team at the Bernabau. Sabre is right, I don't think an English teamin the history of the game has beaten both Barcelona and Real Madridaway in three seasons. It's a fantastic achievement, and whateveranyone thinks of the manager and his methodology, he deserves amountain of credit for it.

The team looked really good to metoinight. we defended better than we have for ages, with Aurelio inparticular being absolutely brilliant against Ramos and Robben IMHO. Hewas well supported by Riera too, and it was nice to see the leftieplaying practically the whole match. Hopefully his injury from theassault at the end isn't serious. I also thought the two centraldefenders were excellent too, and Arby was very tidy at right back.

Sometimes when Alonso and Masherano play together, we can lackcreativity. It's hard to really know if this was the case tonight as wewere happy to contain Madrid, but I think with Gerrard off Torres if wecan nudge Xabi forward and make him stay there it should be OK.

Kuyt has seemingly gone through the tunnel and come out the other side,and I think a move back to the right will be good for him. Benayouncontinues in the form of his life (well certainly his Liverpool lifeanyway) and as either first change or first rotation, he can do a goodjob as he did again tonight.

Can in though be the case that thewin can lift us? I think it can. Man Utd although being strongfavourites to go through against Inter, will be losing a wink or two ofsleep, and I can't help thinking if we can just beat them Old Traffordwe might just be avble to put the doubts up even more. Even if we can'tcatch them in the league, it'd be nice to contribute towards them notwinning the Champions League again.

Ouyr next two games,Middlesboro away and Sunderland at Home. Strongest team possible, noLucas's, Dossena's, Babels or Lee Peltiers. Two wins and lets put thewind up the Mancs at least.

作者: turnberry    時間: 2009-2-27 12:16 AM

yeh we still have a good chance to win the league, we still have to play man utd and they still have difficult games along with another big 3, so there is a chance they will slip down a few points. One more point, i don't think our win in Madrid could mean anything, cuz spanish defence is worse than english!

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0