Board logo

標題: [新聞] Manchester United Boss Sir Alex Ferguson Outlines Plans For Michael Owen [打印本頁]

作者: mafei1113    時間: 2009-7-21 02:15 PM     標題: Manchester United Boss Sir Alex Ferguson Outlines Plans For Michael Owen

Sir Alex Ferguson has suggested that Michael Owen will be nursed through the season, in order to avoid any further injury problems. Owen has had a great start to his Manchester United career, scoring a goal in each of his first two games, but Ferguson indicated that he would have to be constantly rotated throughout the season.

The Scot told The Guardian, "We can carry Michael Owen. "I won't ask him to play every four days, I might ask him to play every 10 days. "We can do it because I always rotate my squad." Ferguson then went on to compare Owen's signing to that of Henrik Larsson two years ago, continuing, "They are similar players in terms of movement in the last third. "Larsson was always on the move. That is a great asset to have and they don't try anything different. "Larsson never did and nor does Owen. "The ball comes into the penalty box and he is always there."

Finally, Ferguson admitted that signing the injury-prone striker was a slight risk, but was confident that it would pay off. "It's worth the risk," he said. "Sometimes you have a punt, a bet or a gamble, but there is a little bit more to him than that, having spoken to one or two players about Owen. "I first tried to sign him when he was 12, so we have been waiting for this." Arjun Miglani, Goal.com

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://www3.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0