返回列表 回復 發帖

Hyppia left out of CL squad

Sami Hyypia has spoken of his disappointment at being omitted from Liverpool's UEFA Champions League squad.

New regulations dictate that clubs must include at least eight home-grown players in their 25-man party.

Finnish defender Hyypia has been one of the unlucky imports to miss out and will remain in England as the Reds get their European campaign under way against Marseille next Tuesday.

The veteran centre-half admits he is shocked to have missed the cut, but still hopes to play a crucial role for the club this season.

Surprise
"The manager's decision to leave me out of the squad is a big disappointment for me," he told the Liverpool Echo.

"I understand it's partly because of the UEFA regulations, but despite that, the news came as a surprise to me and a shock too.

"But the club had a 'perfect' timing for this: they didn't want me to move elsewhere, so that's why I was told the news of having been left out, just after the transfer window had closed.

"The club went public to say there had been offers for me, but turned them down. So perhaps that means I am still part of the plans for this season.

"I don't know if I would have wanted to move on, had I heard the news about the squad when the window was still open."

Rules
UEFA regulations stipulate four players must be 'association trained' (produced by an English academy) while four must be 'domestic association trained (produced by the club's academy).

As such, Liverpool have named Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard, Jay Spearing and Stephen Darby as their 'domestic' players, with Robbie Keane, Jermaine Pennant, Steven Irwin and Martin Kelly filling the other spots.

While Hyypia is disappointed to miss out at this juncture, a new list will be submitted prior to the knockout stages - should Liverpool make it that far.

希望加歷查、艾加、史卡度生生性性,千祈唔好缺態或者受傷,我o地歐聯得o番三個中堅,有乜事又要搵艾比路亞客串中堅o架la
返回列表