返回列表 回復 發帖

Rafa: Barry mess not my fault

Rafa Benitez has responded to media criticism of his handling of the Gareth Barry transfer saga, insisting accusations that he messed the midfielder around are way wide of the mark.

Contrary to some ridiculous reports on Friday, which suggested Benitez used Friday’s press conference to launch a scarcely-veiled attack on his own board, the Liverpool manager merely wanted to clarify his own role in the Barry saga.

The Reds’ boss has been hammered in certain quarters for failing to decide either to meet Villa’s valuation, or to draw a line under the situation.

But a light-hearted Benitez joked that he had been blamed for all the world’s problems, when the truth is he has not participated in the deal since April.

“Everybody has been talking and it is clear some newspapers and journalists – and all our supporters know this – blame me for everything: global warming; rises in petrol prices; everything,” quipped Benitez.

“In this case, I want to be clear: since I talked with Martin O'Neill in April, I didn't talk with anyone else at Aston Villa. All the talks have been between Rick Parry and the owner and chief executive of Aston Villa – and they have been pretty good.

“If someone wants to talk about Barry in the future, they will have to talk to the owner or chief executive of Aston Villa, or Rick Parry. I was not going to talks about Barry; I was not going to talks about [Xabi] Alonso and Arsenal.”
Benitez reiterated that he may still sign a left-sided player, but his thoughts were solely on Saturday’s opener with Sunderland.

“Sunderland have clearly signed some good players. It is always tough to play away at Sunderland because they have some quality players. It could be a physical game but also a game with good football,” said the Spaniard.

“We had some problems the other day with Xabi Alonso and Yossi Benayoun receiving dead legs, and Fabio Aurelio and Martin Skrtel are improving, so we will see this afternoon and then decide. Steven Gerrard was training really well yesterday and he is okay.

“Philipp Degen is still injured but the rest of the squad is nearly there. If we see the Olympic players back soon, it'll be fantastic for the rest of the season.

“The reaction of the players in training yesterday was fantastic. We were very happy to see them back on the pitch after a bad performance, and they showed a high tempo and determination. That is what we wanted to see.”

Ben Sir話教波搵佢,買人賣人我無權處理,請搵Parry。 又好像有些問題了
返回列表