返回列表 回復 發帖

West Ham's Ljungberg denies criticising Wenger

Freddie Ljungberg has rubbished press reports suggesting he had endured a difficult relationship with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.
The 31-year-old Swede, who spent nine years with the Gunners, was quoted in Russian newspaper Den Za Dnem as saying that the Frenchman ran a "military" style operation at the Emirates Stadium.
The report also claimed Ljungberg said he was forced out of the club and had joined West Ham to prove to Arsenal that they had been wrong to let him leave last summer.
However, a statement released on behalf of the player completely refuted the article.
"Freddie Ljungberg wishes to make it clear that he absolutely refutes suggestions made by Russian Daily Sport paper Den Za Dnem that he enjoyed anything but an excellent relationship with Arsene Wenger during his time at Arsenal," said the statement released on Wednesday.
"His move to West Ham was inspired by the vision for the club and the strong interest from Alan Curbishley.
"The suggestion that Freddie left Arsenal in order to stay in the Premiership and play against them is not only utter rubbish but is a complete falsehood.
"I get on very well with everyone from Arsenal and enjoyed my visit to the Emirates Stadium recently when Sweden played Brazil and I saw a lot of old friends.
"I haven't done an interview with this Russian newspaper and none of the quotes have any substance, I certainly didn't make those comments."
知道啦
子曰:自行束滫以上,吾未尝无诲焉。
返回列表