返回列表 回復 發帖

Gerrard 'desperate' for Barry switch

Steven Gerrard hopes Liverpool can hurry along negotiations with Aston Villa for Gareth Barry.
The England pair are currently in the Port of Spain where they are expected to line up in midfield for Sunday’s friendly international against Trinidad & Tobago.
Gerrard and Barry could have given Reds fans a taste of things to come when they combined well for England’s second goal against USA on Wednesday.
First, though, Liverpool must negotiate Barry’s transfer with Villa and that could yet prove difficult, particularly with relations between the clubs having been soured by what Martin O’Neill described as a 'derisory offer' of £10 million for the player.
After a decade at Villa, 27-year-old Barry is in his prime and is known to crave Champions League football.
Gerrard would be delighted if his good friend is given that opportunity at Anfield.
"Gareth Barry is someone who will improve Liverpool," said Gerrard.
"I know all about Gareth, I am good friends with him off the pitch and I am desperate for us to sign him.
"We can't be disrespectful to Villa. He is still their player and we will see what happens.
"Naturally, they are going to try and keep hold of him, and rightly so because he is one of their star men. He has been a fantastic servant for them over many years.
"But, from a biased point of view, I want Gareth Barry to become a Liverpool player.
"He is a good player. But I want Liverpool to be as strong as possible and Gareth Barry will certainly make us stronger.
"You talk about improving the team, the starting XI and the squad, and Gareth will certainly help Liverpool to become a better team."
返回列表