返回列表 回復 發帖

Gomes Keen To Maintain Form

Tottenham goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes is focused on matching his European heroics in the club's bid to kickstart their Barclays Premier League season.
Gomes kept Wisla Krakow at bay on Thursday as Spurs reached the group stages of the UEFA Cup - but next up is Hull at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
"I'm the goalkeeper and I'm only doing my job," Gomes said.
"I just hope we play well in the next game against Hull and get a win in the league in front of our fans."
Spurs have failed to win a league match this season and are at the foot of the table, while Hull are in confident mood after their stunning start to their first season in the top flight.
Roman Pavlyuchenko and Vedran Corluka are suspended for European competition but return to the squad for the Hull clash.
Captain Ledley King is yet to play matches in quick succession this season as he recovers from knee surgery, but he is hopeful of playing some part.
"It's something we'll have to look at with the manager and the medical staff," King said.
"It's a delicate situation at the moment but hopefully I'll be involved (against Hull).
"It's still difficult to say how it's going to be. I want to be there for the team but it's early days and at the moment, they're just trying to get me involved in certain games.
"It's tough because I want to play but I am aware of what I have to do for the team, and that's how it has to be at the moment."
On-loan striker Fraizer Campbell, who spent last season Hull, could have the chance to dent his former club's progress.
"I'm going to see a couple of old friends but we won't be friends on the day," said the England Under-21 striker.
"It's crazy. Football tends to throw those things at you, but I'm really looking forward to it.
"I saw the highlights of the Arsenal game and they did brilliantly, and scored some good goals. I never saw that coming, though!
"A lot of people wrote them off at the start of the season but they are going really well. Hopefully that will continue but only after Sunday."
返回列表