返回列表 回復 發帖

Ince Ready For Ferguson Challenge

Blackburn boss Paul Ince believes coming up against his mentor Sir Alex Ferguson will be the most challenging task of his managerial career to date - but insists he feels no pressure.
Rovers host Manchester United on Saturday evening, with Ince hailing Ferguson as the greatest manager in the history of the game.
But despite his respect for the Old Trafford legend, under whom he flourished as a player, Ince does not fear his former boss.
"This is the exciting thing about coming to the top league," said Ince.
"It's a chance to pit yourself against the greatest manager of all time, as far as I'm concerned.
"Fergie has such high standards. I played under a lot of managers but they don't come close. That is no disrespect to them because I don't think anybody does.
"But it's not about me and it's not about Alex Ferguson, it's about the 22 players that go out on the pitch and hopefully we will perform."
Ince, who replaced another Ferguson protege, Mark Hughes, as Rovers boss this summer, was also keen to dispel any suggestions he had a frosty personal relationship with his former boss.
"People have a misconception that me and Fergie don't get on but we get on really well," he said.
"I've got Danny Simpson on loan here from Manchester United and if the relationship wasn't as good as it is we wouldn't have him.
"Fergie invites me to his golf days every year and he was in my office last season when Peterborough played MK Dons, drinking my red wine. I'm sure he'll do the same this time."
The former England captain started his managerial career with League Two strugglers Macclesfield before completing a remarkable rise through the ranks, starting with a move to MK Dons and culminating with his appointment at Ewood Park.
With three consecutive wins in league and cup Ince is enjoying a promising start to life at the top but he is adamant his enthusiasm never wavered while he was managing in the lower leagues.
"This is a massive match but I still had as much zest for the game when I was at Macclesfield, even though we trained on a rugby pitch and we had to wash our own kits and book our own coaches," he said.
"The zest and the hunger was still there and this is no different."
返回列表