返回列表 回復 發帖

[新聞] Gibson pens new United

Gibson pens new United contract

Manchester United have agreed a contract extension with promising midfielder Darron Gibson to keep him at Old Trafford until 2012. 2009 Summer Transfers Photos2009 Summer Transfers 2009 MLS Transfers Transfer PagesEngland | Europe | Major League Soccer Gibson, 21, is highly regarded by United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and enjoyed a breakthrough season last term when he made 14 appearances for the Red Devils.

He was a key part of their Carling Cup success and marked his potential on the final day of the season when he scored the only goal of the game against Hull City with a spectacular long-range strike. "I am very happy to commit my future to United," he told United's official website. "Last season I enjoyed every opportunity and when I got my chance I wanted to prove what I could do. I hope to continue that this season."

Gibson also became a regular with the Republic of Ireland last season and Ferguson said he expected the player to push for a first-team place at Old Trafford this season. "Darron was one of the young players who emerged last season as a United first-team player," he said. "His appearance ratio did not really reflect the high regard in which we hold him, as he has constantly worked hard to challenge for a first team spot."
What do you guys think about Gibson?  

To be honest, I always thinks he is not up to the standard.  people suggesting him being the next carrick.  but everytime when i see him, his passing and ball control is no way near carrick.  maybe i am too hard on him. he is only 22.  i just read some comment and people say he can be lampard.  I hope this will come true because i really like to see man utd youth player to be successful in the first team.

曼联官方宣布续约达伦-吉布森

本帖最後由 amannn 於 2009-7-16 02:01 PM 編輯

英国当地时间7月15日,曼联官方网站宣布与球队中场新星达伦-吉布森续约至2012年。

21岁的吉布森一直备受主教练弗格森的青睐,上赛季他一共为曼联一队出场14次。在联赛杯的夺冠过程中,吉布森作为曼联阵容中的关键球员发挥出色,此外在上赛季英超最后一轮对赫尔城的比赛中,他的一记世界波让球队客场1比0战胜对手,给所有人留下了深刻印象。在俱乐部顺风顺水的同时,吉布森也开始获得代表爱尔兰国家队征战的机会。

吉布森对自己的续约表示非常高兴:“非常高兴能把自己的未来托付给曼联。上赛季我很享受每次出场比赛的机会,每到这时候我就想证明自己。希望这个赛季还能继续。”弗格森也希望吉布森能为一队的主力位置而努力奋斗。“达伦是上赛季基本被视为曼联一队队员的几个年轻球员之一。他一直都在为一队的位置而努力。”

另外,欧文刚刚得到了曼联的7号球衣,与荣誉相伴的还有压力。红魔的另一位传奇7号、老队长布莱恩-罗布森就为欧文减压,他认为前利物浦金童一定能在曼联取得成功,并回到英格兰国家队。

罗布森表示:“他将在禁区内外游走,并且能进很多球。同时我还能预见他能加到英格兰国家队。这是一次伟大的签约,免费得到了像迈克尔这样的伟大球员。现在他只有29岁,正处在职业生涯的巅峰。曼联的比赛风格和控球方式很适合迈克尔发挥。”

对于欧文的伤病问题,罗布森表示这些交给教练就行了。“体能教练会为迈克尔单独制定个人训练计划。教练知道何时让球员休息,何时让他们比赛。这些都能帮助迈克尔。”
返回列表