埃里克森在上届世界杯上没让沃尔科特出场1分钟,但是却带上了他而不是其他人,这激怒了一些球员。

沃尔科特的父亲,一个迷人的,万人迷,热情的家伙叫唐,他在一场比赛最后时刻非常生气,他告诉旁边一个穿着英格兰球衣的家伙,他对于这位瑞典人的真实看法。
“我认为你现在得不到任何机会比赛,”唐稍后告诉了西奥。“斯文这个狗娘养的。”

埃里克森事实上看到这个故事中好笑的一面,当有人把这个故事转述给他时,但是英格兰教练之后明白了选择这个球员简单的事实,到了最后,这事成了不计后果和不必要的赌博。

这位有着巨大潜力的17岁球员,还缺乏一线队比赛经验,并没有准备好参加足球世界上最重要的赛事。
阿瑟·温格在那个时候知道这点,他在2年前从南安普敦签下了他,阿森纳主帅循序渐进地培养这位球员。
"
温格同时鼓励他多向亨利这样球员学习,他确信沃尔科特会在21岁时,如果没有伤病,将成为一个主力球员。在他21岁时,可以象欧文和福勒一样。

体检说明沃尔科特在阿森纳,他身体过于疲劳。沃尔科特在南安普敦青训系统成长,但是他为南安普敦预备队和一线队踢球,在10场英冠比赛中打进5球,这令他转会来到了北伦敦。
阿森纳立刻意识到一个问题,他的肩膀条件来自遗传,必须要通过手术来治愈。沃尔科特在预备队联赛和朴斯矛斯的普林姆斯严重的冲撞后发现了这个问题,上赛季他的肩部变得非常糟糕,他遭受到脱臼的痛苦,在床上痛得打滚。这让他表现不佳,他最终在3月动手术治愈肩伤。

他最近的表现证明了自己,至少是在斯拉维亚的比赛中,对于他的细心呵护得到了回报。他现在不仅应当值得被考虑进入阿森纳一线队也包括英格兰国家队,无论是作为一个前锋还是右边锋,他都可以向表现不稳定的赖特·菲利普斯发起冲击。
麦克拉伦过去忽视沃尔科特,因为这位球员一线队出场寥寥。在上赛季这个时候,他才为阿森纳首发一次,为英格兰U19首发1次。这个赛季,他已经为阿森纳首发5次,5次为英格兰U21出场。

但是,同时,温格拒绝将他视为一个主力球员,麦克拉伦或者无论谁在英格兰不能进入08欧洲杯后来替代他的人也应该意识到沃尔科特在身体上并没有象同年龄时期的鲁尼或法布雷加斯这么强壮。18岁的沃尔科特依然是英格兰U21球队中最年轻的一个球员。
对于沃尔科特培养必须是一个特殊的呵护过程。他的经纪人在商业赞助上并没有为他争取到太多的利益。现在他只有一个赞助商,为他提供球鞋。

因为他意外地入选了世界杯阵容,他遭到了媒体严格的审查。“他的生活现在就像《楚门的世界》(一部金凯瑞主演的美国电影)”他的一个密友昨天说。但是温格,他的父亲,他的经纪人,和足总都继续珍爱他相当可观的潜力并为他提供尽可能的保护。
因此,沃尔科特可以专注到他的足球上,在温格的指导下,专心提高他的技术,和队内一些天才球员一起。就象他自己说的那样,和亨利在一起训练了18个月,获益非浅。现在他成为这支年轻球队成长的一部分,在失去了他们的前队长之后。

温格邀请媒体在周一去训练基地观看他球队训练,记者观赏起来很愉悦。阿森纳踢出的速度、如此精确的传递,比英格兰国家队要好很多,英格兰国家队借了阿森纳训练基地训练,当时在温布利举行一场国际友谊赛。

沃尔科特速度是天生的,他对于球的处理能力来自于他的天赋,但是在阿森纳,他开始训练最后一脚。他已经意识到这是他两年前所错失的,一个更好的触球和致命射门。这些可以增强他从边路过渡到中路的踢球能力。
“老板签下我,是作为一个前锋的,我认为前锋将是我最终的位置,”沃尔科特说,他将他的进球献给他姐夫的弟弟,年仅20岁就去世了。
“但是,我可以打任何位置,这对我有帮助。”

他非常成熟地反思过去的两年。
“去年夏天是一个多事的夏天,”他说。“没人会料到,包括我自己,但是这(参加世界杯)对于我是一个非常好的经历。但是我现在在阿森纳差不多两年了,我一直训练得非常刻苦。”

“在世界杯上,我不会去敲主帅的门,问他为什么我不能出场。我去德国时,才年仅17,甚至连英超也没出席过。但是这是一次好的经历,我和世界级球员一起训练,看到他们如何在比赛日和球场上应对。”.

“当我去过那里,我渴望为阿森纳出场。每个人都一样。但是我才17岁,我不想打太多比赛,受伤。老板对我的安排很聪明,现在,我更强壮了,更聪明了,准备好爆发了。我和亨利一起训练了1年半,我和范佩西、阿德巴约一起训练,这些世界级前锋让我从中获益。”

“当我还在南安普敦时,安迪·里奇一直告诉我要发力怒射破门,”沃尔科特说,里奇就像很多其他人,会很高兴看到他的进步。
附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件

From zero to Theo - how Wenger got Walcott ready for the big stage again

From zero to Theo - how Wenger got Walcott ready for the big stage again - 26 Oct 2007

Sven Goran Eriksson's failure to use Theo Walcott for a single minute of the last World Cup baffled some and enraged others. Walcott's father, a charming, endearingly enthusiastic bloke called Don, was so angry at the end of one match he turned to a guy in an England shirt who happened to be standing next to him and declared exactly what he thought of the Swede.

"I don't think you've got any chance of playing now," Don later confessed to Theo. "I've just slaughtered Sven to his son." Eriksson actually saw the funny side of it when the story was retold to him but what the then England coach had already realised was the simple truth about a player who, in the end, represented a reckless and unnecessary gamble.

The hugely talented 17-year-old, as his limited first-team experience suggested, was not ready to play on football's biggest stage. Arsene Wenger knew as much the moment he signed him from Southampton two years ago and Arsenal's manager took certain steps as a consequence.  As well as encouraging him to learn from players such as Thierry Henry, he assured Walcott that he would reach 21 without injuries that come as a result of playing too often at such an age — like those that have had a negative impact on the careers of players such as Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler.

Medical tests that Walcott underwent at Arsenal revealed that his body had already been put under too much strain. Walcott was training with Southampton's youth team but playing for the reserves and first team, scoring five goals in 10 Championship appearances and so securing his move to north London.  One problem Arsenal immediately identified was a hereditary shoulder condition that would require surgery. Walcott discovered the problem after a crunching challenge from Portsmouth's Linvoy Primus in a reserve game and it had become so bad last season that he could suffer a dislocation rolling over in bed. It had a debilitating effect on his performances and he finally had the operation in March.

As his more recent performances would suggest, not least against Slavia Prague on Tuesday night, being handled with such care is paying off. He is now worthy of consideration not just for Arsenal's first team but England, as either a striker or on the right side where he would certainly pose a threat to the inconsistent Shaun Wright-Phillips.  Steve McClaren has ignored Walcott because the player has made so few first-team appearances.

By this time last season he had made just one start for Arsenal and one for England Under 19s. This season he has already made five starts for Arsenal and five for England Under 21s.  At the same time, however, Wenger refuses to treat him like a senior squad member and McClaren, or whoever replaces him should England fail to qualify for Euro 2008, should also recognise that Walcott is not as physically mature as Wayne Rooney or Cesc Fabregas at the same age. Walcott, at 18, remains the youngest member of England Under 21s squad.

All those around Walcott are handling him with extra special care. His representatives at Key Sports Management have lost count of the number of commercial offers they have rejected. Right now he has just one sponsor and they simply supply him with boots. Because of his surprise promotion to the World Cup squad he remains under intense scrutiny. "His life's been like the Truman Show," said a close associate yesterday. But Wenger, his father, his representatives and the FA continue to treasure his considerable potential and protect him as much as possible.

As a result, Walcott has been able to focus on his football and focus on developing his skills under the guidance of Wenger and alongside some wonderful players. As he said himself after scoring twice against Slavia Prague, 18 months with Henry represented the best education money can buy and now he is part of a young squad growing in stature in the absence of their former captain. Wenger invited the media to watch his squad train on Monday and they are a joy to observe.

They play with such pace, pass with so much precision — so superior to the England internationals who borrow their training ground during the build-up to internationals at Wembley.  Walcott was born with pace and natural ability with the ball but at Arsenal he is beginning to apply the finishing touches. He has awareness that was missing two years ago, as well as a better touch and a more deadly finish. These strengths enable him to play on either flank as well as down the middle.

"The boss signed me as a striker and I think that is where I will end up playing," said Walcott, who dedicated his goal to Luke Amos, the brother of his brother-in-law who died recently when only 20. "But I can play anywhere and that helps."  He reflects on the last two years with great maturity and a degree of understatement. "It was an eventful summer-last year," he said. "Nobody expected it, myself included, but it was a good experience for me. But I've also been with Arsenal for nearly two years now and I've been working really hard.

"At the World Cup I wasn't going to go knocking on the manager's door and asking why I wasn't in the team. I was only 17 and hadn't even played in the Premiership when I went to Germany. But it was good experience to train with world class players and see the way they handled themselves on match days and on the pitch.  "I wanted to play for Arsenal when I got here. Everyone's the same. But I was only 17 and I didn't want to play too much and get injuries. The boss has done brilliantly with me and now "I'm a bit stronger and wiser and ready to push on.

I trained with Thierry Henry for a year and a half, and I've trained with Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor as well and being with world-class strikers has to help my game."  The best advice he ever had, though, came from someone a little less high-profile. "When I was at Southampton Andy Ritchie always told me to pass into the net with power," said Walcott. Ritchie, like so many others, will be delighted with his progress.

[ 本帖最後由 jacksonkua 於 2007-10-26 01:19 PM 編輯 ]
附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件
返回列表