返回列表 回復 發帖

Gallas wants Italy scalp

France centre back William Gallas has tipped his team to win the European Championship because of a balanced squad during an exclusive interview with setantasports.com, and revealed that the rivalry with Italy is still alive.
The Arsenal captain claims that winning the title in Austria and Switzerland will help him forget how disappointed he has been not to win silverware with The Gunners this term.
The defender has called Group C 'the group of death' and named Les Bleus, Italy and Germany genuine favourites for the title.
Gallas is glad to be part of a group of experienced players, alongside Thierry Henry and Lilian Thuram, who will be surrounded by emerging stars, such as Karim Benzema, Franck Ribery and Samir Nasri.
“To my mind, the Euros are a chance to bounce back after a negative season,” Gallas told setantasports.com.
“I deeply believe Arsenal were made to succeed this term, but at the end of the day it proved to be impossible.
“From now on I hope to be at the top with France, but obviously I understand it’s far from easy.
“Saying we are part of the group of death is reality.
“Italy, France and Holland have big teams, and for sure one of them will say goodbye to the competition.
“Believe me, many guys have not forgotten the 2006 World Cup final against Italy.
“Winning and eliminating the Italians would be the best deal, but in football you have to play with your head, your heart is not sufficient.
“I’m happy to say that our French squad is a mix of experienced lads and young kids with a huge future.
“Everybody’s ready to fight for it.
“Who are the favourites? To my mind, France are and after all Germany and Italy are always there when comes the time to play a big championship.
“But this time I don’t expect any upset like Greece in 2004.”
返回列表