返回列表 回復 發帖

Reds won’t be held to ransom on Albert Riera

LIVERPOOL are ready to walk away from Espanyol winger Albert Riera, rather than get drawn into another bidding war this summer.

The Spanish side reacted to renewed Reds interest in the 26-year-old by invoking a £16m release clause.

But if Espanyol refuse to lower their demands to something around the £9m mark, Liverpool will instantly switch their attentions to Middlesbrough’s Stewart Downing.

The summer-long pursuit of Gareth Barry has caused internal strife at Anfield and the Reds cannot afford another prolonged saga.

England international Downing would be a more affordable option at £12m and would fulfil the preferred criteria of adding another English player to the squad.

Riera’s agent, Magico Diaz, confirmed: “Liverpool want Riera but are reluctant to meet Espanyol’s demands.”

There are still 12 days to go before the transfer deadline is reached on September 1, but Benitez wants to complete his summer spending as soon as possible.

Rafa Benitez, meanwhile, hopes to welcome back Ryan Babel from Olympic Games duty today and declares that this could be a “big season” for the Dutch winger.

“It’s bad news for Holland that they went out but it means we get a player back,” said the Reds boss.

“Hopefully he can be here either today or tomorrow to train with the rest of his team-mates.

“He has been playing important games so I don’t think there will be any problems with his fitness, but our doctor and fitness coaches will check with him and then we will see about the weekend. I am sure he will be okay. If he trains normally then he can be available for Middlesbrough.”

Benitez is hoping for an impact from the Dutchman this season.

“He’s one year older and more experienced now,” he added. “He knows the club, he knows his team-mates and so I’m sure this could be a big season for him.”

well 話甘快放棄利亞拿﹐ 因為愛斯賓奴獅子開大口﹐ 依家終於正路 d 將目標轉去 Downing到....雖然 Downing

我都係嘛嘛﹐ 但勝在夠後生又打開英超﹐ 近排連右腳都練好左﹐ 而且依家個 market 甘樣轉會窗又快關閉 ﹐都無咩

好選擇架喇﹐ 不過 12M 米堡未必得肯放 wor (主要因為對利記講價能力無信心)﹐ 希望拿拿臨搞店距唔洗再煩
albert reira???
hehe^^
welcome to anfield
Downing 唔错。。。可以考虑。。。
值得买。。。不过价钱唔可以太高。。。

利记阵容就是欠一个能够一直吊波的左中场。。。
Downing 可以话是其中一个适合的!!
it's a difficult task, a good, left footed, english player, there ain't many in england...good luck to our boss!
返回列表