返回列表 回復 發帖

Alan hansen - don't give up!

Haven't seen this posted yet, if i am wrong feel free to delete the topic.

Just seen this article on lfc.tv:

AlanHansen believes Liverpool must not give up on their Barclays PremierLeague ambitions - despite their stuttering domestic form.  
TheReds have slipped to seven points behind league leaders ManchesterUnited following last weekend's stalemate with Manchester City atAnfield.

However, Hansen has urged the Liverpool players and fans not to lose any belief in their title challenge.

"Liverpool have drawn too many games at Anfield and it is costing us," the Anfield legend told LFC Magazine.

"The1-1 draw with Manchester City was very disappointing and leaves usseven points behind Manchester United with 12 games to play.

"Ican understand supporters being despondent at that fact but there aretwo ways in which the players, manager and fans can respond.

"Do we lie down and die, or do we keep on going?

"I think it is so, so important that we keep on having a go and believing that our title chances are not over.

"It'snever over until it's over. Until the medals are handed out, it isstill to play for and that is the attitude we have all got to take."

Hansenfeels it is too early for anyone to be dismissing Liverpool's titleaspirations and is confident the Reds still have much to play for inthe remainder of the season.

"There have been far biggerupsets in football than it would be if Liverpool came back to win thePremier League from this position," he added.

"Even if itwas impossible then Liverpool must still continue to do well in thePremier League because that will improve our chances of winning theChampions League.

"We've got to get some momentum fromsomewhere and how you perform in the Premier League can have a knock-oneffect in how you perform in the Champions League, and vice versa.

"Whenyou get a result like the 1-1 draw against Manchester City and see theleague table afterwards, it is very difficult to be upbeat but theplayers have really got to stand up and be counted now.

"They've got to show over the coming months that they are as good as we've been saying they are all season.

"We'vegot to look forward. There are still two trophies to be won and thereare still big games coming up to play in, so the players have got topick themselves up.

"They can roll over and die or they canput that red jersey on, roll their sleeves up and compete because youjust don't know how things could turn out."

Somereally ecouraging words there from hansen, i really like this lastsentence and can name a list of players in the sqaud willing to dothat. It's just a couple that let us down in my opinion.

It'strue what he says though. Yes 9/10 of us deep down believe it is overand no doubt will say it's our own fault for drawing to many games athome etc...but just because we are 7 points behind doesn't mean weshould give up fighting for the title and beliving.

We have gotMiddlesboro tomorrow, after finally getting a win on the board againstwest ham they will want to get another so this game won't be theeasiest, but if we can win we will cut the gap to 4 points (with unitedplaying the carling cup final this weekend).
We have then gotSunderland at home while Newcastle 'entertain' Man United. Assumingboth teams win here the gap will still be 4 points.

Then comesthe big game at Old Trafford (otherwise known as my toilet). If wecould somehow manage a win here then the gap would be cut to 1 pointand although united would have a game in hand they would start to feelthe pressure again.

This isn't trying to make everybody changetheir views that our title is still infact on and i know that i amreally hanging on thin thread here but football is a strange game andit can all change in one mistake.

--------------
Thisis Anfield....The home of the red men.....The home of thekings......the home of the 5 time europian champions......the home ofthe 18 time league champions......the home of the magicalfans.........This is the home...... Of Liverpool FC!
返回列表