返回列表 回復 發帖

'Idiots' won't distract Keane

'Idiots' won't distract Keane

Sunderland manager Roy Keane insists he is not going to let 'one or two idiots' stop him in his tracks at the Stadium of Light.The Black Cats were booed by a section of supporters after struggling to beat Northampton Town on penalties in the Carling Cup on Tuesday. Keane is happy for the fans to express their views, but believes there is no place for disgruntled supporters to make their way to his dugout. "When I spoke about one or two supporters, it was about them making their way to the dugout, not necessarily voicing their opinions," said Keane on Sky Sports News. "I think that's wrong for any manager to have people getting out of their seats and making a big effort to come to the dugout. "It wasn't the first time it happened. It happened against Man City two or three weeks ago, it happened against Everton last year. "I appreciate it was one or two idiots. We've had in our stadium most weeks, 40-odd thousand and they have been absolutely fantastic. Every club will have one or two idiots." Keane added: "We're doing okay, it's not as if we've lost 10 games in a row, it's not as if we're bottom of the league, we're doing okay. "The club have been making good progress. You can't be bogged down by one or two people, you have to focus on the great support we've had and the progress we've made. "If you were to stop in your tracks when one or two people are having a pop at you, you'd get nowhere fast - that's part of the pressure of life and I do understand that 100 per cent." The Sunderland boss is also keen for a realistic perspective to be applied to the progress the club have made since he took charge at the Stadium of Light. "We have to step back sometimes and look at the bigger picture," he continued. "We're into the next round, we had a good victory against Middlesbrough and a decent result at Wigan the previous week. We're doing OK. "We'd all like to do better and we'd all like to play brilliantly, but what the players, staff and supporters have done over the last two years is to make progress. "Sometimes it's baby steps, not massive leaps and bounds, but we have to remember where we came from. It takes time, you've seen that with bigger clubs than ours and with bigger budgets than ours."
返回列表